Application & selection criteria
- Producer with a several years’ practice on the local market (i.e. not a student or recent graduate) with a capacity for future professional growth and with ambitions to be active on the European market
- At least one realized film (fiction or documentary, mid-length or feature) which has entered theatrical distribution, has been screened at festivals
- Previous experience in other workshops is considered an advantage
- The programme is not project-oriented, i.e. the applicants do not apply with their concrete film, but as individuals seeking professional growth
- Eligible countries: EU Member states (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden), Switzerland, Island, UK, Liechtenstein, Norway, countries of Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia) and Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine) and Russia.
- Guest Country of Emerging Producers 2021: Israel
- Each year, eighteen Emerging Producers are selected. Selected participants will be announced in July 2020.